Confucius Institute Coordinator
Institution: California State University, Long Beach
Location: Long Beach, CA
Category: Admin - Adult and Continuing Education Programs
Application Due: Open Until Filled
Type: Full Time
The salary range for this classification is $2,846 to $4,619 per month. The targeted salary may be set as high as $3,289 per month based on experience.
College of Continuing and Professional Education (CCPE) International Training Programs
Full-time temporary position to September 8, 2020 with no permanent status granted. Temporary assignments may expire prior to the ending date. Written and oral fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese preferred.
Time Base/Hours/Units per Week
Full-time/40 hours per week
Under the general direction of the Director for Confucius Institute, the Confucius Institute Administrative Coordinator is responsible for the coordination of the entire clerical and administrative functioning of the Confucius Institute. The incumbent will perform a broad range of operational and procedural tasks in support of the Confucius Institute, as well as providing a variety of coordination of the programs offered by the CI and internal accounting responsibilities of the CI programs.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently with only general guidance and direction, establish priorities, and assume full responsibility of completion of assignments.
- Ability to analyze operational and procedural problems and develop, recommend, and evaluate proposed solutions.
- Understands issues from a broad perspective in order to solve problems and resolve conflicts. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality as it relates to all areas of this position.
- Functional knowledge of and skills in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
- Ability to interpret a wide variety of written rules and regulations.
- Ability to utilize problem solving techniques investigating and resolving complex situations; identify, trace, and correct errors.
- The ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and appropriate campus offices.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and supervise others.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and intercultural communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with people in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to communicate with an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community.
- Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Ability to contribute to a positive university experience for each and every student, and assist in achieving the university's commitment to a "vision of excellence."
Education and Experience
- Equivalent to four years of administrative support experience required.
- A bachelor's degree may be substituted for two years of experience.
- Bachelor's/Master's degree preferred.
- Licenses / Certificates
- CA Driver's License, Class C
July 27, 2017
Mandarin Chinese language proficiency assessment will be given at time of interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSULB is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can learn, live, and work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, Vietnam era veteran status, or any other veteran's status. CSULB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To view the University's Annual Campus Crime Report go to: http://daf.csulb.edu/offices/ppfm/police/statistics/index.html
Copies of the report are available upon request. To request a copy, contact the University Police Department at (562) 985-4101.
Excellent benefits through CalPERS (health, vision, dental), tuition fee waiver, generous vacation and sick leave, and 14 paid holidays each year.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
California State University Long Beach expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Contact: California State University, Long Beach
Click HERE to apply.