Part-time Lecturers in Foreign Languages
Functional Title: Lecturer I
Department: Arts & Humanities
Salary Range: Negotiable
Position Status: Academic Year
Posting Open Date: 08/04/2017
Posting Close Date: 08/31/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Desired Start Date: 08/16/2017
The School of Arts and Humanities seeks to fill occasional openings for part-time lecturers in foreign language instruction. The School currently offers undergraduate courses in Spanish, German, French, Chinese, Japanese, and Arabic.
Applicants must have appropriate graduate degrees (MA, PhD) from accredited institutions and/or experiential qualifications. Previous collegiate or university teaching experience is required.
Minimum Education and Experience
An earned graduate degree appropriate to the academic discipline/topic and a record of productivity and professional achievement.
Preferred Education and Experience
An appropriate graduate degree or doctorate in a related field is preferred; a candidate with a Master’s degree may be considered for undergraduate courses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and teach undergraduate and/or graduate classes.
- Maintain contact with a diverse student population in the classroom and via electronic learning platforms (eLearning).
- Contribute assessment information and data as requested through the administration and the Assessment Team.
- Participate in course evaluation surveys.
1) The University of Texas at Dallas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V).
2) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.