Professor-of-Practice in Chinese Language Program (New Orleans, LA)
The School of Liberal Arts/Asian Studies Program at Tulane University invites applicants for the position of Professor-of-Practice in Chinese Language with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2020. This is a full-time, benefits eligible position, 9-month appointment. The position is non-tenure-track, renewable every three years contingent upon satisfactory performance and available resources. The teaching load is 3 and 3, and the person is expected to assist with the Chinese language tutoring program and participate in Asian Studies program-related activities. The Asian Studies program at Tulane offers an undergraduate major and minor as well as a minor in Chinese Language
- A Master’s degree required (Ph.D. preferred) in the area of teaching as a foreign language
- Native, or near-native ability in Chinese and Englis
- At least two years prior experience in teaching Chinese at the college/university leve
- Proficiency in using technology for language instructio
- Experience in proficiency-oriented and task-based teaching
To apply, go to https://apply.interfolio.com/67155 and complete the form. You will be asked to submit the following electronically: 1) current curriculum vitae; 2) a cover letter, addressed to the Chair, Asian Studies Faculty Search Committee, which should include personal philosophy of foreign language teaching; 3) Sample lesson plans, copies of teaching evaluations, and the names and contact information of three references.
Application deadline is October 19, 2019.